Tofu Stirfry 04/13/11
Enjoy a simple and tasty meal: Stirfried Tofu with Mushrooms, Peas and Rosa Tomatoes. By Gita Loosz.
Approximate Cost: R25
2 tablespoons butter (or olive oil for vegans)
300g Tofu, cubed
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
1 teaspoon paprika/chilli powder
300g button mushrooms, halved
1/8 red pepper, finely diced
1/8 yellow pepper, finely diced
1 cup frozen peas, defrosted
100g Rosa Tomatoes, halved
½ handful alfalfa sprouts
- In a wok or large frying pan, melt the butter.
- Add in the mustard seeds and paprika/chilli powder
- Add cubed tofu and gently stir fry on medium high heat until the tofu is golden brown. Remove from the pan and set to one side.
- Increase the temperature to high and add in the mushrooms. Stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the peppers and peas and stir fry until all the vegetables are cooked but firm.
- Add in the tomatoes and gently stir fry for 1 minute.
- Lastly add in the tofu and stir fry to combine all flavours.
- Spoon onto a serving platter and garnish with the alfalfa sprouts.
Serve with rice or rice noodles.
Recipe by Gita Loosz