Top 10 Tips 03/08/11
Vanessa De Ascencao shares a few simple lifestyle tips to help you live a healthy life.
- Balance your blood sugar levels – stay away from stimulants and sugar.
- Eat food in it’s natural state whole state and avoid over-processed food. Your body doesn’t know what to do with it. Keep it clean and lean all the way.
- After 3 pm keep make veggies your carbs – have oatmeal, rye bread, brown rice, sweet potato, fruit, and quinoa early in the day and salads and steamed vegetables later in the day.
- Eat good fat – especially Omega-3 rich foods, avocados, seeds and nuts.
- Keep your dinner lean – protein and greens if you’re trying to lose weight.
- Always eat balanced snacks and meals. Eating wholesome carbs, protein and fat in every meal keeps your blood sugar levels from spiking and crashing. This controls energy levels and keeps cravings at bay.
- Eat & drink food for the soul – in moderation.
- Drink water – stay away from chemical artificial drinks.
- Don’t forget to sleep – 7-8 hours at least!
- Focus on resistance training 3-4 times a week and don’t forget walking is one of the best forms of cardio you can do!
Vanessa Ascencao, MSHN (Masters of Science In Nutrition) is a dynamic, inspirational and highly qualified nutritional consultant. She brings a fresh and revolutionary approach to health and wellness having spent 10 years working with some of the greatest minds in metaphysics, nutrition, health and fashion. Visit www.ecodiet.co.za for more.
*Please note that this information is offered as a guide only, if you intend on making dramatic diet or lifestyle changes, be sure to check with your medical practitioner first.