Calling all Veggies! 10/17/11
Calling all vegetarians, vegans, raw foodists and fruitarians in Cape Town. Be part of the fun at the Veg Pride Parade on 29th October.
Is being vegetarian important to you? Do you want to meet some fun-loving veggies who live in Cape Town? Then, why not try something different and get yourself to the 2011 Veg Pride Parade on Saturday, 29th October – a Beauty Without Cruelty South Africa initiative.
This family-friendly event is a great opportunity to make a splash on the streets of Cape Town and bring attention to the veg cause.
There will be prizes for the best costume, banners/posters and T-shirts. Last year there were a bunch of carrots and grapes walking the streets – what innovative stuff will people come up with this time around?
Meet at 10h45 sharp at the corner of St Georges Mall and Strand Street to finish at the lovely Company Gardens.
- 29th October
- March leaves at 11h00 sharp!
- Bring the family
- Prizes for best costume, fun banner/poster and T-shirt
- Wear comfy shoes and sunblock
- Bring your own picnic
- There will be food for sale at the end)
- You may stay and picnic and linger in the Company Gardens afterward.
- We will have leaflets to hand out to passersby
For more on last year’s event, read Claire Martens’ report here.